3. Collecting personal information
When you communicate with us, become a member with us or use our member services, we collect your personal information. Without your personal information, we may not be able to effectively provide you with a great user experience or provide our member services to you. In particular, we collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
(a) Contacting us
If you contact us, we may keep personal information you provide to us on file so that we can respond to your query.
(b) Registering as a member
i) Resource member
When you register as a member, we collect the following information: name, e-mail address, location by suburb and state and your work experience and qualification information. This information is used to establish your member account and Profile and enables you to effectively access and use our member services. If you wish to access your personal information, you can do so by logging on, clicking on either your Profile or your account settings and then clicking on your details. If you wish to update your personal information, you can do so by updating your details under your account settings or in your Profile. If you wish to end your membership, please contact us. If you end your membership, you are unable to further access and use our member services. After your membership is ended, this information may be stored by us in testing and backup systems for a period of time.
a. Completing a personal profile
As part of our member services, you may create a personal profile. Your personal Profile enables potential employers to find you based on a search of either skills, qualification or course requirements. Your personal profile can be accessed and edited by logging on, clicking on your personal profile and following the edit prompts. Your personal contact information is not disclosed in any of these searches and you are only tagged by your first name in a search result. All other information contained within your profile is visible to employers as part of a search result. We do not release contact details to an employer until you confirm you are “available and interested in” a work Call-Out request. By submitting a Profile and selecting “I am available and interested” in response to a work Call-Out, you are requesting and authorising us to pass your contact information to the employer. Once the contact information is passed to the employer, we no longer control that information. While we work hard to encourage employers to comply with the Privacy Act and the APPs, we are not responsible for their conduct with regard to the handling of that information.
When you register as a member, we collect the following information: name, e-mail address, phone number, Company Name, ABN, Company location and Company phone number. This information is used to establish your member account and enables you to effectively access and use our member services. If you wish to access your personal information, you can do so by logging on, clicking on your account settings and then clicking on your details. If you wish to update your personal information, you can do so by updating your details under your account settings or in your Profile. If you wish to end your membership, please contact us. If you end your membership, you are unable to further access and use our member services. After your membership is ended, this information may be stored by us in testing and backup systems for a period of time.
a. Submitting a work Call-Out
As part of our member services, employers may select resources with an active Profile and send a work Call-Out to those selected individuals. When you send a work Call-Out, we require you to provide the following information: job details, company address and hiring information. We also require your payment details to send the work Call-Out. Your payment details are processed through a secure site by another person.
In collecting your personal information, we are subject to the Privacy Act 2014 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). While we work hard to ensure your personal information is safe and secure, we are not responsible for any unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, your personal information.
4. Using your personal information
We do not use your personal information for any other purpose, except to:
(a) process and manage Search Results and work Call-Outs;
(b) process charges associated with sending a work Call-Out;
(c) carry out market research and provide users with details of activity related to our website;
(d) manage enquiries and resolve disputes; and
(e) ensure we provide a great user experience or provide our member services to you.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to other people for their marketing purpose, without your express consent.
5. Disclosing your personal information
We may provide your personal information to our services providers, some of whom may be located outside Australia, who assist us with our business, including data processing, data analysis, online computing, contact centre, legal, accounting, business consulting, auditing, archival, delivery and mailing services. While we believe our service providers also work hard to ensure your personal information is safe and secure, we are not responsible for their conduct. We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) responding to lawful information requests from courts, government agencies and lawyers;
(b) investigating and dealing with suspected fraud and unlawful activity;
(c) protecting our lawful interests; and
(d) in the process of a sale or purchase of us or our business.
- Resource: A registered member who submits a Profile on our site and gains access to our Resource tools
- Search/ Search Result: A search for publicly available information on our site
- IP: copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of a person
- Employer: a member who registers with us as an employer and gains access to our Employer search tools
- Work Call-Out: An SMS message that alerts selected Resource members to a defined work Call-Out brief from a registered Employer member. The SMS contains a link to the defined work Call-Out that can only be accessed by selected Resource members.
- Material: includes comments, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds and other information
- Member services: Submitting Profiles, conducting searches, sending work Call-Outs and accessing and using other members only features of our website
- Personal information: information which identifies you as an individual or from your identity can be reasonably ascertained
- We, our or us: ResourceCall.com.au (AMENSK PTY LTD.: ABN 71 601 695 694)
- Website: www.resourcecall.com.au or its mobile site or application, and any of their associated services and functionality
- You or your: anyone who becomes a registered member with us, accesses or uses our website or other members of the public