9B Part 4 of 4 – Masterclass
Do you know if your site is fully compliant?
Did you know that these regulations differ from state to state?
One of the key problems facing RTOs is securing 9B compliant space. In Australia, education and training facilities are required to operate from premises that meet more strict classification of use criteria than standard commercial facilities. This special criteria is outlined in a section of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) known as 'Class 9B'. In particular, for education providers who are looking to renovate or move premises, it is critical that you become familiar with the basic requirements of 9B. This will ensure that you avoid the penalties associated with non-compliance, such as closure of your training facility or costly compliance upgrades.
As the legislation itself can be overwhelming, this webinar has been designed to help you become familiar with the basic requirements and implications of 9B
By the end of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge & skills
• understand what is 9B and why is it important
• differentiate between state regulations and legislation
• request the key documentation of a landlord BEFORE signing a new lease
• identify what key base building limitations to avoid, and
• look out for and understand key council “upgrade triggers” M such as Clause 94s (NSW).